Branka Sedmak is active in the field of commercial law, regulatory and compliance, financial services litigation as well as commercial and administrative litigation. Since 2008 she has been gaining experience in Top-Tier Slovenian law firm, where she focused on resolving commercial disputes, regulatory, personal data and consumer protection and financial services litigation.
She actively followed the preparation of new legislation regarding collective judicial protection. She started her independent career as an attorney-at-law in 2018.
In the field of dispute resolution, she has vast experience in representing clients before all court instances as well as in arbitration and administrative proceedings. She has represented financial institutions and other clients in financial services litigation, in complex compensation and other disputes in relation to financial instruments, bank guarantees, cargo claims disputes, disputes due to breach of contract, in construction disputes and other commercial disputes. She has managed and coordinated the affairs of mass actions and claims before courts and administrative authorities. She has participated in reviewing the general terms and conditions of financial institutions (insurance companies and banks) and advised in demanding regulatory proceedings.
• Faculty of Law, University of Ljubljana (2008)
• Participation in several skills enhancement courses, participation in Consumer Champion project in the field of financial services (2018)
• Doctoral candidate, Faculty of Law, University of Ljubljana (ongoing)
• Bar Association of Slovenia (attorney-at-law since 2012)
• Economic rights of consumers and credits in Swiss Francs, Pravna praksa, 6 December 2018
• Collective actions – new judicial road that will have to be followed by ICO projects?, co-author, Delo, Svet kapitala, 24 March 2018
• Implementation of Collective Redress Mechanisms in Slovenia, Lexology, 3 October 2017
• New Consumer Credit Act (ZPotK-2), Pravna praksa, 7 February 2017
• Collective actions – new means for ensuring the observance of the rules of behaviour on the market?, Delo, Svet kapitala, 4 February 2017
• Expected limitations of exchange rate risks for consumers taking loans in foreign currency, Pravna praksa, 2 April 2015