Boštjan Sedmak practices in the field of real estate, construction, commercial and contract law. Since 2008 he has been gaining experience in an international and then in a Slovenian law firm, where he focused on real estate, corporate, commercial, contract and labour law. He started an independent career as attorney-at-law in 2015.
He has vast experience in the field of real estate, mainly due to providing continuous daily support to some of the largest real estate agencies in Slovenia. His experience ranges from sale, rental and other contracts in relation to real estate on a daily basis, to large real estate projects in the framework of which he advised investors in preparing contracts for construction (construction, engineering contracts) as well as with regard to drafting the general terms of sale of individual parts of buildings and resale to buyers. He managed large real estate acquisition (some by individual investors some as joint ventures) as well as projects that required previous management of land register state and handling of multiple complex relations with creditors. He also manages projects for the purchases of secured claims as well as purchases of vessels and aircraft, while he also advises on the management of relations on aeroplanes and represents before the CAA.
He regularly represents clients in court, administrative and inspection proceedings. He also advised clients in drafting proposals for new legislation concerning real estate agency.
- Faculty of Law, University of Ljubljana (2008)
- Doctoral candidate, Faculty of Law, University of Ljubljana (ongoing)
- Bar Association of Slovenia (attorney-at-law since 2012)
- Doing Business 2014–2018: Smarter Regulations for Small and Medium-Size Enterprises; Starting a business in Slovenia, and Protecting Investors, the World Bank, the International Finance Corporation (co-author of chapters on Slovenia)
- Allowance in Lieu of Paid Annual Leave (co-author), Roadmap11, Vienna 2011
- Employment Law in CEE – a basic primer: Slovenia (co-author), Neuer wissenschaftlicher Verlag, Wien-Graz, 2010
- Slovenian Courts have Gone Online, (co-author), published at mondaq.com, 2010
Tel: +386 (0)1 62 00 400